HAVE YOU CHECKED INTO BOOT CAMP YET? (6)
We now come to the sixth piece of armour found in Ephesians 6: 17 NKJV And take the Helmet of Salvation.
Again, we must TAKE it (out of our spiritual wardrobe) and PUT it on. This is another essential piece of armour we must learn to use. The Bible has so much to say about the mind from Genesis to Revelation. The mind is the battlefield of the soul, every battle is won or lost in the mind. The enemy knows this, as right back in Genesis 3, we see this is the area that he immediately attacks when he speaks to Eve. The reality is, we will have sinful thoughts until our dying day, but it is what we do with them, that is the challenge. You know the saying, “You can’t stop the birds flying around your head, but you can STOP them nesting in your hair.
In Eve’s case, because she let the enemy fill her MIND with lies, and then Aas shelooked at the fruit (it looked so good to eat) her EMOTIONS were stirred, and she then put her WILL INTO THE MATTER and yielded to sin. For example, You hear bad things are being said about you, you think about it, your emotions are stirred and you get angry, and you want to react and lash out. If you think about sexual matters, your body is aroused (emotions) and a decision (will) is made. So we must in Boot Camp (Biblical Discipleship) learn to put on the Helmet of Salvation to protect our mind. If you don’t learn this in Boot Camp with your Mentor) you will have months and years of regret and defeat.
There are at least 8 ways I have found to protect our mind, I will list them, and if you want for information, you can respond to this blog, or email me on email@example.com ok?
- Walking in the Light (of the Word and our conscience) 1 John 1:7 then the Blood of Christ is upon us to protect us, just like it did with God’s people in Egypt. The devil hates the blood of Jesus
2. Use your power of attorney that has been delegated to us, to use the NAME OF JESUS, again the devil hates the name of Jesus.
3. Confess the Rhema Word of God, the devil hates the Word of God.
4. Speak and Sing in tongues, this is also a weapon of warfare against the enemy. The enemy hates to hear Christian praying in tongues.
5. Make Praise a lifestyle, this is also a weapon of warfare.
6. Consider the Second coming of Jesus. 1 John 3:2-3, He that has this hope (of Christ’s soon return) PURIFIES himself
7. Make a Covenant with your eyes Job 31:1 NKJV, also look at the verse in the Message Bible
Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 NKJV For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, CASTING down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.
These 7 keys above give us the power to CAST DOWN every sinful thought, but this will leave a vacuum (in our mind), and with the eighth key we MUST FILL THE VACUUM. Philippians 4:8 NKJV tells us what to do. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate THINK on these things.
This MUST become a lifestyle, because the enemy never gives up, the birds will always fly around our heads, but as we learn to put on the HELMET OF SALVATION we can TOTALLY protect our mind. Please start TODAY.