LETTING THE WORD WORK
When I was a young person (many years ago) you could go to a Christian Bookshop and purchase a little box that contained dozens of rolled up pieces of paper with Bible verses printed on them. IT WAS CALLED A PROMISE BOX.
Many people were blest as they took out a piece a paper and read the text, and it was the answer they were looking for. Other Christians felt it was just a LUCKY DIP and would not use them.
I want to take a middle of the road position, just today i read this simple article listing some 10 verses that could bew of blessing and encouragement to a Believer in these days of Covid-19. I am going to list these 10 verses but encourage you to not not just read the verse but meditate on it and let the Holy Spirit quicken the Word to you, and let it become a personal Rhema to you, and look in the mirror and CONFESS THE WORD TO YOURSELF. and also share the verse with your Christian friends.
1.Psalm 46:13 NLT God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble.
So we will not fear when earthquakes come
and the mountains crumble into the sea.
Let the oceans roar and foam.
Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!
2.John 16:33 NLT I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me
3. Colossians 3:2 NKJV Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth
4. Philippians 4:6-8 NKJV Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
5. Psalm 23:4 NKJV Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff they comfort me.
6. Matthew 28:20 NLT And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
7. Psalm 16:1 NKJV Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust
8. Proverbs 18:10 NKJV The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run in and are safe.
9. Psalm 32:7 NLT For you are my hiding place; You protect me from trouble, You surround me with songs of victory.
10. Psalm 34:19 NLT The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.
LET THE WORD WORK IN YOU