GOOD FRIDAY WAS TRULY GOOD
Was there anything significant about Good Friday for you, My memory unfortunately is not so good these days, but I wrote of yesterday:
TODAY HAS BEEN SUCH A BLESSED DAY, STARTING WITH CHURCH THIS A.M. I SO ENJOYED HIS SWEET PRESENCE THROUGHOUT THE DAY, AND HEARING HIS VOICE IN MY SPIRIT HALLELUJAH.
From time to time I love to just sit in the Lord’s presence, and meditate and let the Lord drop thoughts into my heart, there was quite a flow of them yesterday, so I felt I would put then into this blog ok?
1. Because Jesus bled and died for me, I am restored to SONSHIP, and will live forever.
Adam and Eve lost so much (everything really) when they disobeyed the Lord, but because Jesus came and died ALL that Adam lost has been RESTORED TO US, isn’t that awesome?
2. I had an unpayable debt, and Jesus paid it all Hallelujah
There was nothing I could ever do to back back into right relationship with God, I was declared bankrupt, but Jesus said “CHARGE THAT TO MY ACCOUNT” Thank you Jesus.
3. Jesus suffered the nightmare of the cross, so that I could live the dream Hallelujah
I cannot comprehend all that Jesus had to experience on the Cross, it must have been a mega nightmare, but because He went through the nightmare, so in my daily life and walk with Jesus and in my ministry I CAN LIVE THE DREAM.
4. It was God’s love and Jesus’ obedience that held Him to the cross NOT THE NAILS.
Jesus could have called ten thousand angels, and simply stepped off the Cross, but because of His love He chose to hang and die and take every sin and every sickness upun Himself. What a Saviour.
5. It may have been two thousand years ago, since Jesus died, but His BLOOD HAS NEVER LOST ITS ANCIENT POWER, HALLELUJAH
There has never been or ever will be a diminishing of the power to wash the foulest clean, and only through the shedding of blood can there ever be remissions of sins.
6. I thank God for His GOODNESS, it led me and continues to lead me to REPENTANCE.
Without God’s goodness I was not (am not) capable of repentance, thank you Lord.
Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? Romans 2:4 NKJV The MESSAGE says In kindness he takes us firmly by the hand and leads us into a radical life-change.
7. I quoted the words of a great hymn. LOVE, so amazing, so Divine, demands (no) SHALL HAVE my soul, my life, my all.
I willingly lay down my life for ALL Jesus did for me. Romans 12:1
8. Jesus bought me out of the slave market of sin, and paid for me by His precious blood.
I was a slave in bondage and sin, and Jesus REDEEMED me, and paid my RANSOM
9. I stood in the dock condemned, Jesus spoke on my behalf and took my punishment, and the Judge declared NOT GUILTY, I am JUSTIFIED, and set free,
Thank you Jesus.
10. All my sins have been placed into the “sea of God’s forgetfulness” and I see the sign NO FISHING
It has also been said God placed our sins behind His back, and He cannot see what is between His shoulder blades
So these are some random thoughts that I believe the Lord put into my heart and mind as I meditated upon His death.
I trust it may be a blessing to you, there is nothing new here, but it is so good to be reminded of what Jesus did on the Cross for us.