WE HAVE ACCESS TO A GLORIOUS INHERITANCE
The Apostle Paul tells us in his letter to the Ephesian Church that we have ACCESS into the presence of God because of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 2:18 NKJV For through Him Christ) we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
Ephesians 3:12 NKJV in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him (Christ).
The book of Hebrews writer 4:16 NKJV tells us Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Our sin had alienated us from God, but now because of Jesus becoming our saviour and Lord we have ACCESS into the very throne room of God.
Being born again also gives us access to all that is available to us for us to live victorious holy lives. Let me list some of these things.
- THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD Ephesians 6:10-18, Paul tells us if we recognise which piece of armour we need, PUT IT ON and learn how to use it we are able to stand against all the wiles and tricks of the devil.
- God’s THREE CLEANSING (SANCTIFYING) AGENTS which are –
- 1. The blood of Jesus Christ 1 John 1:7 NKJV But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
- 2. The Word of God Ephesians 5:26 NKJV that He might sanctify and cleanse her (the Church)with the washing of water by the word (Rhema)
- The Holy Spirit Matthew 3:11 NKJV I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. Fire to burn purge and purify.
- THE PROPHET’S CHAMBER 2 Kings 4:10 NKJV Please, let us make a small upper room on the wall; and let us put a bed for him there, and a table and a chair and a lampstand; so it will be, whenever he comes to us, he can turn in there.”
Remember Augustine’s words, The New Testament is in the Old Testament concealed, and the Old Testament is in the New Testament revealed. Now let us pass the verse through the cross and apply New Covenant Principles to it. There is a:
- A BED a place of rest to revive us.
Hebrews 4:9 NKJV There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
Matthew 11:28-29 NKJV Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Mark 6:31 NKJV But those who wait on the Lord, shall renew their strength
They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
YOU CAN’T FILL AN EMPTY BUCKET FROM A DRY WELL !!!!
WE MUST GET UNDER THE SPOUT WHERE THE GLORY COMES OUT
just as our phone needs charging so do we.
A TABLE A place of provision to refresh you.
Psalm 92:14 NKJV They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh (fat and flourishing
Philippians 4:19 NKJV And my God shall your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus
Psalm 23 Green pastures, Still Waters, Paths of righteousness, Rod & Staff, Banqueting Table, Anointing
Matthew 5:6 MESSAGE You’re blessed when you’ve worked up a good appetite for God. He’s food and drink in the best meal you’ll ever eat.
Psalm 81:16 NKJV He would have fed them also with the finest of wheat;
And with honey from the rock I would have satisfied you.”
- A CHAIR A place of meditation to restore you.
Let us make the decision I WILL SIT STILL AND RELAX,AND LEARN TO MEDITATE
Joshua 1:8 NKJV This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Psalm 119:15 NKJV I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplate your ways.
- A LAMP For illumination and revelation
Psalm 119 105 NKJV Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
REMEMBER THE PRAYER “LORD TURN THE LIGHT ON”
MAY HE SPEAK TO US EVERY DAY
King David knew he had access Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I have ALL that I need.
The Apostle Peter knew He had access, 2 Peter 1:3 NKJV God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.
We do not have an excuse, we can live a holy life,
LET US ACCESS AND APPROPRIATE ALL THAT IS OURS TO HAVE.