BASIC MILITARY TRAINING FOR THE BELIEVER (5)
AS the mind is almost always the first area of attack, we will give more consideration to the “Helmet of Salvation in this blog. There are a number of important great keys we can use to deal with these attacks. WE MUST LEARN QUICKLY TO NIPS THESE SINFUL THOUGHTS IN THE BUD, AND REMOVE THEM FROM OUR MIND.
We must learn to CAST THEM DOWN Paul tells us in 2 Cor.10:5 KJV CASTING down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
Other translations say DESTROY, DEMOLISH, REFUTE,, so how do we do it?
- We claim the protection and cleansing by the BLOOD OF JESUS..
- We take our God given authority and use THE NAME OF JESUS against them
- We use the Word of God (The SWORD OF THE SPIRIT) against them)
- We SING AND PRAY IN TONGUES, it is a weapon of warfare.
- WE PRAISE THE LORD (There is power in Praise).
- If it is a sinful sexual thought, we do as Job decided in Job 31:1 NKJV I have made a COVENANT WITH MY EYES, why then should I look upon a young woman?” Msg “I made a solemn pact with myself, never to undress a woman with my eyes.” Then if we need more keys, there is 1 Thess. 5:8 NKJV a helmet the HOPE of salvation.
- We consider the Lord’s soon return 1 John 3:2-5 NKJV Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this HOPE in Him purifies himself, just as He is PURE. Hebrews 6:19 NKJV This HOPE we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek. Rom. 8:25 NKJV But if we HOPE for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with PERSERVERENCE. These 7 keys (if you needed to use them all will have kicked out every sinful thought), but you are left with a vacuum which needs to be filled, we do this by obeying Phil. 4:8 NKJV
8. wE NEED TO FILL OUR MIND WITH GOOD THINGS. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—MEDITATE on these things.
N.L.T. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. THINK about things that are excellent and worthy of praise
PASSION So keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And FASTEN YOUR THOUGHTS on every glorious work of God, praising him always.
MESSAGE Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.
Prior ro coming to Christ we would have developed some bad habits relative to our mind, and as most Believers are not discipled in this area, the problem has persisted, but I encourage YOU to think much about all these 8 keys, you will have your challenges, but if you discipline yourself (like a soldier needs too) and perservere, you can quickly learn to put on the helmet of salvation AND BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH EVERY SINFUL THOUGHT.
If in the unlikely chance you are not able to deal with these strongholds (2 Cor. 10:4) and attacks on your mind, please seek out someone to pray with you and walk with you into victory.