MY SPIRITUAL JOURNEY (3) GOD’S SO GREAT SALVATION
Coming to Christ and being born again is the most wonderful and important experience anyone can have, we are so conscious that we are sinners and on the way to hell unless we repent, and we will never forget when the burden of sin rolled off our backs and we knew we were forgiven, that the blood of Jesus Christ had cleansed our lives of sin and we received ASSURANCE that the past was wiped away and our names were written in the Lamb’s Book of life.
In hindsight for many years that to me was what Salvation and coming to Christ was all about,, and I think the reason was the lack of Biblical Discipleship. Over the years. I may have studied the Theology but it was not REVELATION to me that there was so much more,
The writer of the Book of Hebrews speaks of GOD’S SO GREAT SALVATION, let me say again THERE IS SO MUCH MORE, than what is described in my first paragraph. I want to list a few things relating to God’s “so great Salvation” that has become so real to me. This list will not be complete as IT IS SO GREAT.
- In eternity past the eternal Godhead ( Father, Son, Holy Spirit) designed a perfect Salvation plan, that was released through the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Yes, the Holy Spirit drew me to the foot of the Cross, convicted me of my sin, gave me the ability to repent, my sins were forgiven and washed away and God gave me the gift of eternal life.
- As a result of being born again, 2 Peter 1:3 NKJV tells us His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue. We can live victorious holy lives through the indwelling Holy Spirit.
- Although the Christian has an enemy (the devil) we are given a complete set of armour to protect ourselves from every attack of the evil one. Eph. 6:10-18 NKJV
- Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saint.
- Please note the 7th piece of armour PRAYER, I see at least 8 essential igredients to daily prayer that we must learn to incorporate into our prayer life, I describe Prayer as THE INTIMATE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN TWO LOVERS, this communication we must learn to deepen.
- Confession and Repentance 1 John 1:9
- Re-affirming Christ’s Lordship continuously Rom. 12:1
- Thanksgiving Psalm 100:4
- Praise Psalm 100:4
- Worship John 4:24
- Intercession (praying for others)
- Petition (Praying for your needs)
- Listening to God’s voice through the Word and the still small voice of the Spirit.
8. God has given us the Bible, the Holy Scriptures which are in breathed by the Holy Spirit, and every time we open the Word of God after preparing our hearts through prayer, God wants to speak to us.
9. When we were born again we were placed in a family called the Body of Christ which is for us the local church, plus the broader Body all around the world, we need to be PLANTED IN A LOCAL CHURCH, as this is yet another way God wants to work in our lives.
I am sure the list goes on and on, but what a foundation listed above, sadly so much I did not realise for many years, I can’t change the past, but by God’s grace want to enjoy God’s so great Salvation, this is so enhancing my spiritual journey.