DREAMS AND GOALS
I felt impressed to post again on Facebook yesterday C.S.Lewis’s statement:
YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO SET ANOTHER GOAL, OR TO DREAM A NEW DREAM.
I did a google search and found some lovely artwork with the words and used them in my post. The response was dramatic and many of my FB friends immediately shared it with their friends. It is only a few months since I initially shared the statement, and was surprised at the response.
When I wrote the original blog on this topic, I quoted Habbakuk 2:2 Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it, for the vision is yet for an appointed time. I felt impressed that I need to practice what I preach and write it down. I am not going to give too many specifics, but guidelines on the areas that we need to write down and regularly go over the list. We also need to confess these dreams and goals in prayer regularly until they come to pass.
We must of course first ask the question: Does my dream or goal line up with the Word of God? If it doesn’t we will be wasting our time and breath in praying.
Here are some areas that are on my Goals and dreams list, and I will ask you as a question.
1. What is your dream for your spouse ? (If you are married) health, blessing fulfilling his/her dreams.
2. What is your dream for your children ?(If you have some) That they continue to follow the Lord etc.
3. What is your dream for your grandchildren ? (if you have some) That they too follow the lord
4. What is your dream for your extended family, Do you have unsaved loved ones ?
5. What is your dream for your local church and their leadership ? growth blessing vision etc.
6. The Lord brings so many across our path, that we link our hearts with and share their dream, we need to support in prayer and encouragement with them. For example in my world there are so many for example:
A ministry friend who is going to serve in South America and pioneer churches
A ministry friend who is a top Bible scholar,
An African Pastor who wants t commence a radio ministry
A young American friend who has just started an English service in an Asian country
An African Pastor who wants to start a Bible School
A Christian friend who so wants a life partner
Another Christian friend who wants to see his marriage restored
an Indian Pastor friend who wants to go to Africa and minister to Indians there
A Minister friend who wants to pioneer a church in the US, but needs a visa to see his dream fulfilled
An African church worker who has a dream to minister to outlying villages and needs a motor cycle
The list goes on and on, The Lord is always putting dreams and goals in believers hearts,
One specific dream I have is that this next round of surgery will totally deal with my knee and walking problem and that I can exercise much more and lose weight, and again to regularly return to Asia to share the Word of God.
Will you share my dream with me ?
Will you share your friends dreams ?
Will you write down your dreams and confess them into the heavens regularly until they come to pass.
It may help you to respond to this blog and share your dream, I will commit myself to walk with you until you see the dream come to pass.
Here is a glorious promise for you from the Word of God. king David declared.
“Delight yourself in the Lord and he shall give you the desires of your heart”.