ARE YOU WALKING IN THE ANOINTING?
What a privilege we have to live in the 21st century and be able to look back through history and see all that has gone before. I have often mentioned how God began to bring truth to His people way back in the Old testament, this continued to progress right through to Malachi, then we come to the New Testament and the New Covenant and those truths many of which we only understood in part have their fulfilment in the Lord Jesus Christ and His Church. We know so much truth was lost over many hundreds of years, but God in His sovereign love and plan raised up the Reformers and many others since that time so that the End Time Church can again have and experience all the truth that God had reveled to the Early Church.
In the O.T. God appointed Men to a Ministry such as Prophet, Priest or King, and their appointment was confirmed by Anointing with oil poured over their head. Under the New Covenant every Believer is appointed to a Ministry and initiated into a RELATIONSHIP when they are born again and the Holy Spirit comes into their life. The Apostle John calls it THE ANOINTING.
WE read in 1 John 2:20+27 ut you have been anointed by [you hold a sacred appointment from, you have been given an unction from] the Holy One, and you all know [the Truth] or you know all things. But as for you, the anointing (the sacred appointment, the unction) which you received from Him abides [permanently] in you; [so] then you have no need that anyone should instruct you. But just as His anointing teaches you concerning everything and is true and is no falsehood, so you must abide in (live in, never depart from) Him [being rooted in Him, knit to Him], just as [His anointing] has taught you [to do].
MESSAGE But you belong. The Holy One anointed you, and you all know it.But they’re no match for what is embedded deeply within you—Christ’s anointing, no less! You don’t need any of their so-called teaching. Christ’s anointing teaches you the truth on everything you need to know about yourself and him, uncontaminated by a single lie. Live deeply in what you were taught.
There are so many aspects of truth reflected in these verses.
- The moment you were born again you received the Anointing
- This Anointed “appointed” you into the Kingdom of God
- This anointed appointed you to a Ministry.
- This Anointing brings with it a Tutor (Teacher) to lead you into all truth
- This anointing is the key to living a holy, victorious life
- If you are called to a speaking ministry, this Anointing gives you an “unction” and authority.
Here are some questions for you.
- Do you know you are born again and have received this Anointing?
- Do you know you are part of the Family of God?
- Do you know what Ministry the Anointing has given you?
- Do you know you have a Teacher living with you?
- Are you laying hold of the Anointing to live a holy, victorious life?
- If you have a speaking ministry are you conscious of the anointing resting on you?
May I encourage you to meditate on the Anointing, and let it fully work in your life. as we read, we must learn to be “rooted in Him, knitted to Him. I don’t believe John is saying “Don’t listen to other Bible Teachers” be teachable, flexible, adjustable, learning to “rightly divide the Word of truth”.
May we lewt the Anointing increase in every area and anspect of our life, so people will see more and more of jesus in us Amen.