THANK YOU FATHER,SON & HOLY SPIRIT FOR YOUR “SO GREAT SALVATION”. (7)
I have been greatly blessed as I have written this series on “God’s so great Salvation”, the first 4 blogs were particularly about our glorious inheritance which we have NOW, blogs 5 & 6 were about that part of our inheritance where God makes available to us an awesome set of armour, so we can deal with all the TRICKS (OR WILES) Eph.6:11 NKJV of the evil one.
The eternal Godhead knew that even though the devil was defeated through the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, he would continue to seek to take territory that is not his to take.
The older I get, the more I realise that the devil although a potentially powerful enemy, MY BIGGEST ENEMY IS ME, Jeremiah reminds us in Jer.17:9 NKJV The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Not only is the devil a deceiver, but our depraved heart will seek to deceive us as well.
SO HOW DO WE DEAL WITH OUR BIGGEST ENEMY?
The eternal Godhead had made so much available to us, and I will list in no particular order so keys God has made avaiable. There will be repitition from previous blogs as some are keys we use to resist the enemy,
- We must learn to live THE SURRENDERED LIFE James 4:7 NKJV Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. I have come to see, it has to be a light bulb moment that only as we live on the altar in surrender Rom.12:1 NKJV I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
- We can only resist the safely devil as we are surrendered to the Lord, Body, soul & spirit. We have been delegated an authority to use, the name of Jesus against the enemy. and like Michael in Jude 9, it is recorded Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses.
- Paul tells us in 1 Cor.9:27 NKJV I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. We must rule our body, otherwise it will rule us.
- For those who have a PRAYER LANGUAGE, I would encourage you to use it regularly, Paul tells us, “when we don’t know how to pray, pray in tongues, he also tells us that as we pray in tongues we are edifying ourselves.
- I share two verses from Philippians with you, please meditate on them, 2:12. NKJV WORK OUT your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Don’t take your Salvation for granted, we cannot afford to ever relax and get slack and lazy, but do what Phil. 3:14 tells us I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
- Lord help us to be disciplined, and “order our private world”
God’s “so great Salvation makes it possible to live in total victory, in holiness, and power, may every aspect of this become a “light bulb” moment and take us ever higher.