MY INHERITANCE AS A NEW COVENANT PRIEST.
I love the progression of truth right from Genesis through to the New Testament, and its total fulfillment in the Lord Jesus Christ and the Church. Under the Old Covenant just one tribe, of the twelve sons of Jacob was designated as the priestly tribe, the tribe of Levi and given special religious responsibilities, which involved offering animal sacrifices on behalf of the people.
We come to the New Testament and under the New Covenant, every Believer is described as PRIESTS and are part of a spiritual, holy, royal priesthood. Peter declares this in 1 Peter 2:5 & 9 NKJV You also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a HOLY PRIESTHOOD, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
VERSE 9 NKJV But you are a chosen generation, a ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
WHAT ARE THE SPIRITUAL SACRICES WE ARE TO OFFER? (remember a sacrifice costs)
- The Sacrifice of Thanksgiving Psalm 107:22 1 Thess. 5:18
- The Sacrifice of Joy Psalm 27:6
- The Sacrifice of Praise
- The Sacrifice of Righteousness Psalm 4:4-5 Message)
- The Sacrifice of Obedience
- The Sacrifice of a Broken Spirit Psalm 51:16-19
- The Sacrifice if Hospitality Hebrews 13:16
- The Sacrifice of Lifted Hands Psalm 141:1-2
- The Sacrifice of Tithes & Offerings Malachi 3:8-12
- The Sacrifice of Time Psalm 90:12, Eph. 5:16
- The Sacrifice of Giving (to the needy) Phil. 4:13-19
- The Sacrifice of our Bodies Romans 12:1
I want to conclude this simple blog by referring back to a verse in Numbers 18:20 NKJV Then the Lord said to Aaron: “You shall have no inheritance in their land, nor shall you have any portion among them; I am your portion and your inheritance among the children of Israel.
All the other 11 tribes were allocated land as their inheritance, but the priestly tribe of Levi, God said there is no natural inheritance in land for them, God said I AM YOUR PORTION AND YOUR INHERITANCE. This verse is an awesome foretaste of what is the inheritance of us as New Testament Priests.
ALL WE NEED NOW AND FOREVER IS FOUND IN JESUS. What a glorious inheritance. Hallelujah.