LOOKING AT THE TRINITY OF MAN (4)
You will note on the diagram there are three components in the soul of man, THE MIND, THE EMOTIONS, THE WILL. The enemy has no new tricks, he uses the same method EVERY time, and Christians fall for it over and over again. You may have heard the saying “You can’t stop the birds (thoughts) flying around your head, but you CAN stop them nesting in your hair”. God had told Adam and Eve, they must not eat one particular fruit in the Garden of Eden so surprise surprise, where did the enemy take Eve, she stood and “looked” at the fruit and was told she could eat it, she thought some more, her emotions were stirred “the fruit looked good to eat” Genesis 3:6 (she said) and she made the decision to partake, THOUGHT EMOTION DECISION, a person fantasises on say a sexual matter, the body is aroused and a decision is made. Someone says something that say hurt you, you think about it, your emotion is stirred (anger) and a decision is made.
WE MUST LEARN TO NIP THE THOUGHT IN THE BUD.
But how do we do it, fortunately the New Testament gives us many keys to assist us. This again is an area where Biblical Discipleship is so important, as pre-conversion we would have developed some bad habits in this area, and so we need someone to WALK WITH US until these keys become a lifestyle. I will list the keys I have found, and if they need further clarification we can talk about it ok?
- Walk in the Light of the Word and our conscience and maintain good relationships with our brothers and sisters in Christ 1 John 1:7
- Use our delegated Power of Attorney, we have authority IN THE NAME OF JESUS James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil (in the name of Jesus) and he will flee from you NKJV
- Confess the Word of God (let it be a Rhema Word) And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word (Rhema) of God NKJV for example: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13 NKJV we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us Romans 8:37 NKJV You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world 1 John 4:4 NKJV
USE THE WORD OF GOD AS A SWORD AGAINST SINFUL THOUGHTS
4. If you have a Prayer language speak and sing in tongues
5. Give thanks and praise the Lord
6. Consider the Second Coming of Christ 1 John 3:2-3 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. NKJV
7. Think and meditate on good things Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. NKJV
8. Make a Covenant with your eyes Job 31:1 I have made a covenant with my eyes;
Why then should I look upon a young woman NKJV I made a solemn pact with myself not to undress a woman with my eyes MESSAGE
Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 10: 4-5 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ NKJV
We read in Ephesians 6:17 we must PUT ON THE HELMET OF SALVATION, the keys above I have found at this time in my study means to put on the Helmet, they are weapons to deal with every attack of the enemy. We know the MIND IS THE BATTLEFIELD OF THE SOUL,AND EVERY BATTLE IS WON OR LOST IN THE MIND.
Our victory has been totally secured for us if we will do what the Word of God says, I do trust these blogs are blessing and helping you, if there are things you do not understand, please ask, as this is such an important truth that we must embrace if we are to be victorious holy people.
Tomorrow we will look at the Body.