There are so many things stirring in my heart at this times, plus I have 2 series of blogs to complete, so have decided to conclude the “Worship” series today. I concluded the first blog on Worship with these statements.
OFTEN MUCH OF WHAT WE CALL WORSHIP IS METHOD AND PREFERENCE
TRUE WORSHIP IS THE LOVE LANGUAGE OF THE HEART AND OFTEN BYPASSES THE LIPS
So, what is worship, it comes from the old English word WORTHSHIP Worship is telling God in a hundred different ways HE IS WORTHY, and we can’t help but want to bow down (even prostrate ourselves) before the Lord. Rev. 4:11, 5-9.12. Nehemiah 8:6, 2 Chron. 20″18
- the true worshipper is one who renders ALL the glory to God, Psalm 96:7-8
- Acknowledges and accepts God’s will without question John 9:31
- Bows in submission to the ways of God and acknowledge Him as Lord Ps.25:5
There is no greater thing we can do but worship, for the father seeks worshippers John 4:23 Loving God is the first and greatest commandment.
Who may worship ?
- True worshippers John 4:23
- Those who have no confidence in the flesh Phil. 3:3,9
- The Angels Hebrews 1:6
Let us as a Kingdom of Priests who have the right to approach God through Jesus
How do we worship?
- Reverently and humbly Rev. 4:10
- With praise Psalm 103:1,2 20, 100:4
- We come saying with words that ascribe glory to God Rev. 4:10,11
The results of worship
- It exults God Psalm 99:5,9
- We are changed into His likeness Exodus 24:34,29, 2 Cor. 3:18, 2 Chron. 5:13,14
What ways can we worship?
King David outlines many ways we can worship
- The Mouth Audible Praise, Singing, Shouting
- The Hands, Lifting hands, clapping hands, musical instruments
Posture Standing, Dancing, Bowing, Prostrating, with the Procession (March)
Is David’s worship proper for today YES, YES,YES.
James prophesied in Acts 15 that the Tabernacle of David (the worship program King David introduced) had ceased, but God was going to restore it. We are living in that day, there are those who reject it, those who simply want excellence in the music and voice only (and miss out on the truths behind it all, then there are those who refuse to change and want to continue to “worship” according to their style and preference. Our lifestyle in heaven will be WORSHIP, some Christians will feel out of place there as they had not learned to worship in spirit and in truth down here on earth.
There is so much more I could say, and so many Scriptures that cover all these points, I trust you will do the Berean thing and “Search the Scriptures to see what is true”.
Please be open to change, learn to be a WORSHIPPER here on earth, and keep “Falling in love with Jesus more and more every day. Please feel free to write and comment.